I have been reading much more than last year and that alone gives me the qualification to giving gyaan on how to get more reading done.
Here are the top things that work for me, when it comes to reading.
1. Don’t make reading a chore. Read more because you want to, not because you have to or because you have set an arbitrary goal for yourself. If you need to, change your goal 😛
2. Or change the books you are reading. May be you are reading a book that you don’t particularly enjoy. Or maybe you have just chosen a new genre and it’s not clicking. No matter what it is, don’t drag it on for very long.
3. Put reading in your schedule. Make it part of your day, just like your walk or that show on TV. Choose a time when you are not rushed or have a lot of things on your mind.
4. If you don’t have the time, take time away from something else in your day. Ditch that show, or the gossipy phone call. Heck, just a few minutes and you could have covered a few pages or even a chapter!
5. Always have a book on hand
I have always liked what and how Stephen King is rumoured to be reading – everywhere, a book always with him. Imagine the bliss of tuning out the noise of the commute, the panic of a dentist’s waiting room or the emotionally draining TV dramas and just read. Of couse if I am that consistent at reading, ultimately I get more reading done.
6. Get a community
Be part of a bookish community, people who are as passionate about reading as you are. You can share recommendations, rant and rave about your recent reads and if nothing else be reassured that there are people just as weird as you in this world.
How do you manage to read a lot?
This post is part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.