Ah, I got nominated for the Liebster Award! I have seen it on some of my favourite blogs and was kind of envious. So, the moment I read about the nomination, I shot off texts to my nearest and dearest ones. Needless to say, Everyone was impressed.
Then I got down to research and to understand the rules.
The Liebster award is given to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers (I think, I would ALWAYS have less than 200 followers). Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, cutest, dearest… The award is passed around by bloggers on the Internet so that they can get to know each other.
Thank you, rosemawrites, so much for the nomination. It means a lot to me.
Please do check out her blog and the blogs she nominated.
Now for the rules
1. Link and thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions they asked you
3. Pick eleven bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
4. Ask them eleven questions
5. Let them know by commenting on one of their posts
Here are the answers to questions I was asked
1. Describe yourself in one word.
2. When and why did you start blogging?
I have barely finished one month of blogging. I started because I wanted to write, just write and share.
3.Who influenced you to read?
I was influenced by all the books I was surrounded with in my childhood. They just begged to be read, so I started.
4. Is there a person you look up to? Who is it and why?
Yes, I look up to my parents for letting me make my choices and my mistakes.
5. Where is your favourite place when you are reading?
Reading means being oblivious to surroundings. I can read even while walking.
6. What is the perfect pair for a book, is it coffee or tea?
Coffee and only coffee. I have never tasted tea.
7. Name three authors that you have read almost all their books.
Pearl S. Buck, Daphne du Maurier, Enid Blyton
8. Aside from reading and writing, name one activity you do most of the time.
Eating! I do it also along with reading and writing.
9. What is your favourite song lyric?
” Yoon hi chala chal raahi…” Roughly translated it means ‘Go with the wonderful rhythm of life…’
10. If you are not you, who would you want to be?
I would want to be a rich heiress.
11. What is your life’s mantra?
Here are my questions to the people I have nominated.
1. What do you look like?
2. Which is your favourite inspirational quote?
3. What would you love to eat on a vacation?
4. Which is your preferred holiday destination-beach or hills?
5. What makes you happy?
6. What figures first on your to-do list?
7. Name your favourite book.
8. If you were asked to donate to a charity, which one would it be?
9. Which do you prefer for company-children or pets?
10. Do you like poetry?
11. Which is the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life?
And now here are the 11 awesome new bloggers I have nominated for the award. Check them out.